Your Next Step
- Sign Up Today And Watch PaperLess Full Tutorial Videos
- Download Infographic: Capture>Process>Archive
- Download White Paper: 7 New Ways to Handle Your Incoming Documents
PaperLess Software Features
CFO Conference < back
Bean Counter to Business Leader
The European Institute of Education EIE Management Centre in Malta has organised an exciting series of seminars for busienss professionals in Malta.
The events are all credited for CPE hours by the Malta Institute Of Accountants.
The series of 6 events opens with the 2011 Malta Annual CFO Conference on 6th May.
This first Malta Annual CFO Conference is entitled "Bean Counter to Business Leader: The Changing Role of the CFO" and speakers lined up include:
- Hon. Tonio Fenech (Ministry of Finance the Economy and Investment)
- Ms. Elvia George (Chief Financial Officer, Bank of Valletta)
- Dr. Gordon Cordina (Co-founder & Executive Director, E-Cubed Consultants)
- Mr. Ivan Grixti (, Financial Reporting lecturer at FEMA, University of Malta )
- Mr. Marvin Gaerty (Deputy Head, Tax Compliance Unit)
- Ms. Maria Micallef (Partner, RSM Malta)Mr. Vladimiro Comodini, Vice President of the ISACA MALTA CHAPTER
- Mr. Damian Xuereb (Chief of Strategy, Lotteries and Gaming Authority)
- Mr. Nick Xuereb (Finance Director, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions)
- Mr. Phil Richards (Business Development Executive, PaperLess Software Europe)
This one-day conference will be addressed by the Hon. Tonio Fenech, Minister of Finance, the Economy and Investment, and the key note address shall be delivered by Ms. Elvia George, Chief Financial Officer of Bank of Valletta.
The role of the CFO is evolving in the modern corporation, but due to daily pressures to meet
financial reporting requirements and deadlines, as well as the myriad other duties of the finance
department, there is still a strong pull towards a “chief bean counter” set of responsibilities.
There is, however, an opportunity for today’s CFO to broaden the scope of the office and become a true business leader. This is partly owing to new technologies which enable the finance function to
drive a performance culture deep into the organization.
Beyond implementing the technology, it is then up to the CFO to step into a larger role, and there are specific strategies addressed in the
conference that can help the CFO to have a significant impact on the direction and success of the business.
Phil Richards from PaperLess Software will be contributing to this event by presenting CFO's with some ideas on how to use LinkedIn to increase the profits within an organisation. Phil has been using LinkedIn since 2006 and has successfuly taught others to win sales, recruit and retain staff and boost their career.