Your Next Step
- Continue the tour with feature 4 of 9: Document Approval
- Sign Up Today And Watch PaperLess Full Tutorial Videos
- Book a demo today and learn the PaperLess benefits
Invoice Recognition < back
PaperLess finds the data from your invoices and saves your time
PaperLess uses two layers of sophisticated OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to recognise the information on your invoices. PaperLess also supports XML invoices.
PaperLess can handle multiple suppliers with multiple document formats.
- Fast invoice recognition process to extract data from your invoices
- Two layers of recognition technology
- Reduce manual data entry
PaperLess can run invoice recognition on multiple invoices at the same time and configuration to handle many different invoice formats is easily managed.
Automatic invoice recognition saves time and reduces errors, PaperLess even checks for duplicate transactions when running invoice recognition.
Continue your tour of the PaperLess 9-feature cycle by learning how Document Approval will speed up your business processes.
- PaperLess reads the image of the invoice, and interprets all the letters and numbers on the image
- Keywords called aliases enable invoice recognition
- Custom keywords can be enabled for each supplier
- OCR templates can be used to further extend your keyword lists
- PaperLess support Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Dutch and English language standards
Data is used by PaperLess to create the transaction to post into your accounting application so you can:
- Amend and change the accounting data found
- Allocate the transaction to analysis codes (optionally teaching PaperLess to remember the analysis per supplier)
- Create new transaction lines to proportion the total invoice values over several analysis codes
- Transactions created will all conform to the business rules of your accounting solution
PaperLess is designed for easy usability and this means that your accounting department can utilise less skilled members of the team, controlling what these members can do by defining their roles within the user access rights.
Higher skilled staff can then spend their valuable time checking the preparation of the accounting vouchers, before these transactions are posted into your accounting system.
The general OCR:INT to be used for invoices coming from countries which do not have an OCR specific language in PaperLess has been enhanced so it now checks for modulus to verify that a found European VAT number is valid or not. The following countries' VAT number are verified:Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Bulgaria (BG), Cyprus (CY), Czech (CZ), Germany (DE), Denmark (DK), Estonia (EE), Greece (EL), Spain (ES), Finland (FI), France (FR), United Kingdom (GB), Hungary (HU), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Latvia (LT), Lithuania (LU), Luxembourg (LV), Malta (MT), Netherlands (NL), Norway (NO), Poland (PL), Portugal (PT), Romania (RO), Slovenia (SI), Slovakia (SK), Sweden (SE), Switzerland (CHE)